"Trials are compliments from God.  He is in essence saying, 'I know you can handle this'."-B. Brogie

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Master Brogie


Hey everyone! I know, I know...I haven't done a good job at keeping up my blogsite. Well...now that I have officially graduated, I might have more time. Yes, I did it!! Woohoo!! It was a fun-filled week. Brian's mom flew in for my recital/graduation and so did my mom. We had a blast! We were able to celebrate mother's day on the 11th together, my recital on the 12th, my 2 year anniversary on the 13th, and my graduation on the 17th! whew! A lot in one week!  

My recital went great!  It was an hour long.  I had drums, bass, guitar, piano and sax.  These were all musicians from my school and they did great.  I had a lot of friends show up to show their love & support.  It was such a blessing!  I was given a lot of beautiful flowers too. : )  


My graduation on the 17th was pretty surreal.  Until I signed in and saw that they had my name on file, I kept thinking that something would happen and they'd tell me that I wasn't graduating. ha!  Believe me, with what I've gone through with UNO, it wouldn't have shocked me.  So...I graduated!  As you can see in the picture, the colors for the music department are fluffy-bunny pink.  lovely.  I feel sorry for the guys who had to wear it.  

I had a great surprise waiting for me on Saturday.  My friend Ramona threw me a surprise graduation party.  She & her husband are our neighbors, so we walked over there for a "little get-together", and little did I know that they had a whole party planned!  Everyone knew except me of course!  It was awesome!  I had a great afternoon with friends, family, food and fellowship...couldn't ask for more!  It was great that both our moms were there to celebrate with us.  The picture is when I walked in & everyone yelled "Congratulations!!"



When we weren't busy with school stuff, we were playing in my garden.  For those of you who know my mom...she likes to have a "project" to be working on.   So, the project was my little patio garden.  I had it looking okay, but now it looks amazing!  You'll have to come see for yourselves.  Remember...we have a 4 bedroom 2 bath home.  Visitors are always welcome!!


Now the loaded question..."What will you do now??"  Um...don't know.  Brian & I are currently building our music business, Lesson House.  So, I'm always teaching throughout the week. Other than that, my husband is "pimping out" my rachelbrogie.com website and I'm hoping to start doing some gigs around town.  And of course, we always have projects around the house to be working on.  I say "we", but it's really Brian who is doing most of the construction work.  I paint. : )   So that's my current plan.

Well...that's the latest on the Brogie family!  For those of you who keep asking...no, I did not make Tokyo Disney.  Bummer.  I was really excited about it, but God still has plans for us in Louisiana I guess. : )  So, we're still pluggin' away here.  

By the way...if you click on the picture slideshow of Brian & I, it will take you to our Picasa Web Page where you can view more photos...like my beautiful garden!  


Love you all,
The Brogies



1 comment:

Jeremy & Erin said...

Hey Rach! Nice blog!! And I love the pictures... how fun about the surprise grad party! You deserve it! Anyway, it's always fun to read about your life. It's like I can almost hear you telling it to me!

I miss you!

Love, ET