"Trials are compliments from God.  He is in essence saying, 'I know you can handle this'."-B. Brogie

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Awww...Life in Louisiana!!


Well...due to the water surge from Hurricane Ike...Brian & I found ourselves wading back to our home. Why? Because they weren't letting vehicles into our subdivision. So, the brilliant people that we are, we decided to wade through the alligator-infested waters with only the necessities...my camera, of course, & our hand-dandy flashlight (which was out of batteries). I brought it anyways in case I had to club any alligators!! Thankfully I wasn't forced to kill any of God's lovely creation. It was quite an adventure!


I have to brag on my amazing husband for a minute. I got pretty freaked out once we were knee deep in the murky bayou water, so my mighty prince carried me on his back. Aww...I wish someone could have taken a picture. For some reason he wasn't willing to strike a pose for me to try & take a picture of us. Oh well! He's great! We made the 1 1/2 mile journey back to our home to find that the water had reached our carport, but thankfully didn't go any further. By the next morning, Saturday, the water level had started going back down. Praise Jesus!!





So...that's our crazy Louisiana Bayou story!! It wasn't funny @ first but then all we could do was laugh and say, "Welcome to Louisiana!" Now don't you wish you lived here?!

No comments: